Catering Team Leader – straight shifts – every third weekend off – £26,400 -
This private school is set within amazing grounds, in a rural location and prides itself on the superb cuisine they prepare for their 700 students. They have their own in-house caterers creating contemporary menus and everything is made in house using fresh, seasonal produce. Alongside the students they also cater for gourmet banquets, vintage afternoon teas, barbeques, picnics, and murder mystery parties.
Currently they are seeking a Catering Team Leader to join the team of 3 and oversee the smooth running of the school catering service areas. You will be managing a small team of Catering Assistants, ensuring that high standards are maintained. The ideal candidate will have great communication skills, have a good understanding of IT, and enjoy hospitality and good food.
Straight 8-9 hours shifts
Every third weekend off
5 day week
Free use of fitness centre, including the swimming pool
Christmas and New Year off
25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Ensuring the catering service area is set for each service period and/or activity.
• Liaising with the Head Chef over menu requirements.
• Supervising catering service staff.
• Monitoring and recording all food temperatures at each service.
• Assisting in the training of all catering service staff.
• Managing and supervising a small team of Catering Assistants in an energetic and positive manner • Ensuring outstanding customer service.
• Assessing employee performance, recognise potential and meet training needs as appropriate.
• Drawing up rotas in conjunction with the Domestic Bursar
• Attending relevant staff meetings as required
• Following the Head Chef/Duty Chef’s instructions to ensure standard portion size.
• Managing supplies and keeping food waste to a minimum.
• Managing the stock control and equipment inventories at regular intervals, using Saffron software (full training will be given). Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
• Ensuring all catering service areas exceed statutory requirements in Health and Safety, Food Safety and environmental legislation and procedures, ensuring that all staff are appropriately trained.
• Conducting Food Safety and Health and Safety Risk Assessments
• Recording and reporting all accidents within the Dining Room.
• Establishing and maintaining cleaning schedules.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity please forward your CV and contact details.
Apply for this vacancy